Sunday, May 02, 2010

The 100 Word Challenge: "Confessed"

For those of you new to the garden party, or those of you particularly slow on the uptake, Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge-tell a story in exactly 100 words given a one word prompt, resides aqui. This week's word is "confessed". The title is "Father".







He stared at his face in the mirror. He felt old. He looked older.

Need a haircut, he thought. What's that down near your collar, he thought. A mole? Pimple?

He looked at the foreign object, which he couldn't remember seeing before. It was red, inflamed. It looked like anger sounded. Bodily corruption, he thought.

He fixed the collar, making it lay straight, pure and white against his imperfect neck. They were coming.

“I don't love him anymore,” they will say.

“I touched her,” they will say.

“I can't stop,” they will say.

He'll say something back.

2 comments:

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.