Sunday, May 02, 2010

Game Twenty Four: Reason To Believe

I don't believe in Daisuke Matsuzaka.

I mean, I believe he exists. I believe that someone with that name cashes paychecks from the Boston Red Sox on the first and the fifteenth of every month. I believe that he claims to be a pitcher in the American League.

I used to be a big Dice K supporter, figuring his magic gyroball pitch would surely lead him to multiple Cy Young Awards. No more.

I don't believe is that he can effectively get hitters out. Ever. I'm done.

Matsuzaka was shelled by the Orioles yesterday, failing to escape the fifth inning in what became a 12-9 loss. Boston is 11-13 and fading into irrelevance, playing Baltimore once more today before returning home to face the Angles, the MFYs, and the Jays.

With luck, we'll win one or two games all week.

1 comment:

  1. My husband bought us both Dice-K Red Sox T-shirts when he first signed. Kind of embarrassing now, really...

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.