Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Seven Bridges Road

New Eagles CD drops next Tuesday, it turns out, not this Tuesday. I saw an ad for it while half watching the Daily Show, so I assumed it was out now.

I am lukewarm about it. It's 20 new songs, and as good as their old songs were, it is pretty hard to imagine anything else being better or even as good. But given their track record, I am tempted to give them a try. I am always lukewarm about new music in general, but, as I said, they have a lot if credit in my book. The song titles are pretty Eagley-vaguely cowboy ish.

The World Series starts tonight, the Rockies in Boston to play the Red Sox. Game 1 in 2004 was a sloppy, rainy, error filled mess, and there is an 80% chance of rain tonight, according to Billyball. ( billy-ball.com)

I want the Red Sox to win, of course, but the Rocks can hit, so I don't think it is going to be that easy. My call is Sox in 6.

Just finished The Battle by Alessandro Barbero, an exacting account of the Battle of Waterloo. Moved on to Kevin Smith's blog posting collection, My Boring Ass Life, which is great, as long as you're a Smith fan. Basically either book will fail you if you're not a geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.