Saturday, June 21, 2008

Game 77: Not So Return of the Dragon

In Boston, Dice K gets roughed up by the Redbirds as Boston falls, 9-3.

Tim Weiner, author of “Legacy of Ashes”, is on this week’s “Word for Word”. Sounds like an excellent read.

On “Left, Right and Center”, Tony Blankley argues that Obama should not have turned down public financing because there “is no Republican 527 money out there, according to the New York Times”. Yeah, sure. I’m positive that, if McCain is trailing in the polls in October, there won’t be any attack ads at all. Give me a break. How do people keep their jobs with such profound ignorance?

Studio 360 asks this week, “If you could, would you leave your current job and become an artist?” In a damn minute.

Clearly, one has to be somewhat heartened seeing Bear Stearns managers getting the perp walk. But you also have to ask, where were they 3 years ago when they should have put rules in place to prevent this kind of chicanery?

Why do people pay at a register with checks? It’s not 1962 any more.

I went to see "Get Smart" tonight. It was fine-very funny. Steve Carrell is excellent, and there were a number of fine cameos. Anne Hathaway is breathtaking, but not for her acting. I'd pay $10 to watch her do math homework.

As I was leaving, I had a little bit of a human moment. As I left the theater to go to my car, there was a young couple in the shadows by the exit door, obviously, due to their closeness and immediate bashfulness, stopped in mid kiss.

Whoever you are, my brother, as Maxwell Smart says, "Sorry about that, chief".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.