Friday, June 20, 2008

Spirit of Game 76

June 20, 2008

Boston is at home, trailing St. Louis 4-3 after 7 innings.

It’s officially summer tomorrow. Could have fooled me.

I am really tired of working for morons. Among other indignities, today brings “You are empowered to solve issues,” directly from a vice president, on the same day that lower level management decided to shunt resources from my department, which generates 20-25% of our revenue, to a department that generates 5% on a good day. Without asking, of course, whether I concurred (which I didn’t) or indeed had any opinion whatsoever (which I did). By what measure is that an appropriate response? What principle of finance is demonstrated here?

Bill Gates wouldn’t do that. Warren Buffett wouldn’t do that. Napoleon wouldn’t do that. No one does that, except for these idiots. There shouldn’t have had to be a choice. And, since there was a choice, we should have won.

Empowered my ass. By the same principle, Willie Randolph should have told the Mets they were all .300 hitters, because if you say something, it’s true. In order for us to be empowered, we have to, you know, be empowered and stuff.

(Just a quick aside. A striped bra under a transparent yellow t shirt? Really? Now back to your previously scheduled ranting.)

I don't really have that much else to say, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.