Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Non Katie Questioning

The Ananda Girl asks:


"1. Who is your favorite author?"

Like the favorite musician question, at least a dozen acceptable answers. Right at this moment, detective author Robert B. Parker.

"2. What book has had an impact on your life?"

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. In fact, time to go reread it again.

"3. What did you want to be when you were somewhere around 10 years old?"

I don't think there's any doubt-play professional baseball.

"4. Why do you hate your job?"

A combination of things. My talents are being wasted, the demands on my time are enormous, and the management is becoming increasingly clueless.

"5. What would you rather do?"

Dig graves.

Seriously, something where I could pour energy into a project and be appreciated for my skills.

"6. What is it like to watch the Red Sox in person?"

Expensive.

Seriously, it's a lovely park, but like any modern stadium, the price you have to pay to sit there is obscene.

And the thing about baseball is-some games can be dogs-absolute stinkers. It's hard to spend all that money and sit through a 12-3 loss.

"7. What foods will you not eat?"

The ones I should.

Seriously, I can't say there's anything I refuse to eat, really. I don't eat many vegetables.

"8.Am I understanding correctly... do you live in Yankee territory but follow the Red Sox?"

I'm more in Phillies territory than Yankees-but I'm a little south of the state capital, which has a Yankees farm team, so there is some Yankee fandom locally.

"9.If yes, does this ever present the possibility of bodily harm?"

No. You might tease a Yankee fan, but I can't imagine coming to blows over it. I wouldn't wear Sox gear to Yankee Stadium, though.

"10. What is your favorite music group? You seem to have diverse taste."

Different ones on different days. If I have to pick just one, it's Billy Joel.


Angela asks:

"What's your guilty pleasure?"

Tabletop baseball. That's when you take cards and dice and replay games and seasons of the past. It is the most nonproductive activity imaginable, yet I love every blessed moment I get to spend doing it.


Paulie Beernuts, who knows a thing or two about my guilty pleasure, asks:

"If Brad Penny throws another pitch for the Red Sox, and I decide to jump off the Tobin bridge, will you catch me or join me?"

Join you, absolutely. I'm a lousy swimmer.

But think about it, though-he could be Chase Wright.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Feel free to ask more if the mood strikes.

4 comments:

  1. You should eat more vegetables, my friend! I've always meant to read Zen and the Art of...You've inspired me to get it.

    Questions for you:

    If you could only watch a single movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?

    What was the hardest lesson you ever learned? Are you wiser or just sadder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I should.

    I wholly recommend "Zen...", it's an old book, but worth your time. It's not really about motorcycles so much as it is about processes.

    Thanks for the questions-and thanks for referring to me as your friend, after all the invective I have hurled on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.