Sunday, August 09, 2009

Nick Hornby

I don't why I keep rereading Nick Hornby novels. He's so good, that not only do I admire him, I want to BE him.

But I'm not.

" You need as much ballast as possible to stop you from floating away; you need people around you, things going on, otherwise life is like some film where the money ran out, and there are no sets , or locations, or supporting actors, and it's just one bloke on his own staring into the camera with nothing to do and nobody to speak to, and who'd believe in this character then? I've got to get more stuff, more clutter, more detail in here, because at the moment I'm in danger of falling off the edge."

(From "High Fidelity")

Yeah, exactly.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to look into this. I have a few authors who bring me back over and over. Such a connection. Almost a bond.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.