Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wiggin' Out With Wigan

I watched the ESPN Premier League broadcast today, and it was a very entertaining, though one sided, affair. Wigan Athletic played Manchester United, who I am told has more money than God, to a draw in the first half, with Man U pretty much constantly controlling the flow. In the second half, they dumped 5 goals on Wigan in a runaway victory. The play was crisp, with constant motion and flow leading to lots of action. Well worth my time.

Meanwhile, Nick Hornby's Arsenal won another game, 4-1 over Portsmouth. This one counts in the Premier League, for reasons I do not fully grasp.

The referees look tough enough to play strong safety in the NFL. Why can't American leagues like the NBA and NFL get referees in that good physical shape?

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be fun to keep up with this. My TV actually gets it too. It is one of the best sports to watch live or on the tube.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.