Thursday, September 17, 2009

Interesting Letter

In the October 2009 Atlantic, on page 14, I read one of the most interesting descriptions of feminism I have ever seen.

A letter writer notes, "The empowerment born of the movement was not the ability to do everything well, but the ability to choose one's priorities without ostracism or marginalization."

Exactly. A point I have come slowly to over nearly 40 years. You can't do it all. There aren't enough hours in the day, or money in the bank, to make it all happen. You have to take your best shot, and that is it. That's all you get.

Now if I could just begin to believe that.

2 comments:

  1. I've always said that if someone would come up with a way to squeeze 48 hours into a 24-hour day, and decrease the required sleep from 8 hours/night to . . . oh, about 30 minutes, I just might be able to catch up enough to start all over again tomorrow.

    That's it . . . I'm hibernating with the bears this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided that I did not have to live up to anyone's expectations but my own... it was super liberating.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.