Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why, I Oughta...


I cannot recommend strongly enough this week’s “This American Life”-part two of their series on health care. It is informative, and, as the promo promises, the most entertaining description of health insurance you will ever hear-guaranteed.

***

In the “Where the hell have YOU been” department, the “Shuffle-Albums” feature on an IPod is worth some love. If you’ve never tried it, it kind of does what it says-it plays all the songs it has tagged under a given album, and then picks another album and does the same thing. I had always used “Shuffle-Songs” before, but it turns out I am liking this one better.

***

If you’re not watching “FlashForward” on ABC, you should be.

If you are, this week was a tremendous downer. It’s an interesting feeling to enjoy something that makes you so sad and worn out.

***

4 comments:

  1. I've only seen one episode of FlashForward (#4) I think?

    I had to miss the last one. So now I am even more behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some episodes DVR'ed that I just started watching, and I feel like it's going to be my new Lost. It feels almost like a spin-off anyway, since it has some of the same actors and themes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, DM, I'm not sure that you really need to watch every episode of FF to catch up. (You can, on ABC.COM, and their player works pretty well.) When they refer to something that came before, they usually do a fairly good job of describing what they are talking about.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.