Monday, January 11, 2010

100 Words On Nervous

Another shot at Velvet Verbosity's 100 Words Challenge-Exactly one hundred words, no more, no less, on a given keyword. ( Look here to learn more.)



Am I nervous?

I think of Jack Nicholson's Colonel Jessup when I hear that word-looking at Tom Cruise, sneering, “So don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge and make me nervous.”

What do I have to be nervous about? What do I fear?

What don't I?

I fear for my child. I fear he has inherited my fear, my reluctance to change.

I fear for my country's and the world's future. I fear the results of our ignorance and shortsightedness.

I fear that tomorrow won't be better than today. Yes, I'm nervous.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I couldn't be more articulate than Virgilio up there....

    But, hey! Your 100 words are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard not to be nervous about our "collective" future when you look at the trajectory we're on.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.