It's Tuesday, but just like it's always 5:00 somewhere, it's Wednesday somewhere too. Janera has posted her Wednesday Wickedness, 10 questions derived from statements by Lady Gaga, who I'm told is some manner of pop singer.
1. "Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you?
I really do. I'm the person saying, "Alright, let's calm down and figure this out." My wife HATES that about me.
2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life?
Should be? Absolutely not. Is it? Yes. I think the Beatles said it best when they noted that "Love don't pay my bills."
3. "You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique?
I'm the only person in this room with a Lester Bangs book in their possession.
4. "I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people?
Yes. All the parts that show.
5. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body." Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over?
6. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself." Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life?
Not if they saw my bank statement.
7. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am." Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy?
While dating my first serious girlfriend, I was pretty broke and pretty happy.
8. "I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine." Do you think staying celibate between relationships important?
Really, really depends on the person. Some people need to. Others don't. As John Lennon wrote, "Whatever gets you through the night."
9. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think." Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were.
Sorry. Not a strong person.
10. "I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out." Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself?
Generally speaking, yeah. I don't get worked up about much.