Mimi, who is apparently the queen of memes, has another delightful site full of stuff to make us bloggers feel useful. To wit, the Firsts Meme:
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
God, you look tired.
2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?
Camping, probably. I'll say it's Papoose Pond, Maine, which is probably wrong.
3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?
4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date.
My first date with my wife was our intention to see "The Lion King". However, it was sold out, so we saw an eminently forgettable Julia Roberts vehicle, "I Love Trouble". We may be the only two people who saw the film other than the filmmakers.
5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you'd land?
I don't know. Paris? The Moon? Hard to say.
6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?
Set the book or magazine I am reading on the passenger's seat.
7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?
I have not a friggin' clue. The whole first five years of his life are pretty hazy, honestly. It was basically a bunch of diaper changes and watching Thomas the Tank Engine videos, and then he was in school.
8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?
I don't get this one, exactly. Heard, as in, heard from someone else? Almost certainly, "she's so funny." She is, too.
9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?
10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list?
Alphabetically? "The ABC Cafe/Red and Black" from Les Miz.
11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again?
My original Social Security card.
12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?
I'm very fond of the current one. Hard to say, otherwise. Not something I've thought about.
13. Post a link to your first blog post.
It was so long ago, it only turns up as the whole first page. But if you scroll to the bottom, you can read the very first post.
I don't recommend it.
14. When was the last time you needed FirstAid?
The cuticle on my fingernail caught on something, and it tore the skin.
15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?
Sure. It's the gaining of 10 or more yards by the offensive team, giving them another set of four.