Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Tools Of The Trade That Isn't Even Really My Trade (Contains Naughty Words)

You've all seen, if you've been here for any length of time, my links to stuff that which I did when it appears here and there on the Intertoobz. I've written since I was 16 years old, and the virus, such as it is, shows no sign of leaving. It is my dream to make my daily bread with words, but I haven't made enough to buy a three day old cracker thus far. Thus putting me in the same boat with hundreds of thousands of others.

Herewith, writing notes and sites and stuff that is, as @youngamerican puts it, awesome.

These people are crazy. I'm no one to talk, but they are crazy. Apparently a bunch of Canadians (you know how they are) have this contest wherein, over the Labor Day Weekend, you write a novel. Yes, a novel-Midnight Friday-Midnight Monday. No remorse, no regret. Next year, I plan to take a shot at it. We'll see.

There's NaNoWriMo, every November. This will be my sixth year trying, and my first year after having "won". "Winning" NaNo is just submitting a document that is 50000 words or more. It doesn't have to be good, it just has to be that long. (It's on the honor system, but I can't imagine anyone cheating it. What for?) I've been thinking for the last couple of months what I should write when it's NaNo time, and I am stuck for ideas.

@OrdinaryArt still rocks my world, as does @GretchenCello and @sleepsnortfuck. Last site, as always, NSFW. Don't forget Fuck Yeah, Hemingway, with quotes, and notes, and stuff about the Master HisOwnSelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.