Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Le Livre? C'est fini. (The Book? It Is Finished.)

My book, called "Everybody Loves You Now", a novel set in the early 1990s of a guitar playing grad student who falls in love with someone he probably shouldn't, is, as of the present moment, available for purchase. You can see the links on the sidebar. At this very moment, Smashwords has it for $1.00, for online reading and non Kindle e book readers, and Createspace's e store has the paperback for $15.00. Amazon will have it soon, and the Kindle version is also coming soon. (Amazon, while being perfectly willing to sell whatever you have to upload to them, apparently wants to review your work, I assume to avoid copyright and other legal concerns.) To be perfectly honest, you  might want to wait for those, because Amazon's shipping, I am told, is way more reasonable than Createspace's, and the Kindle version will be $5.00, which is also way more reasonable than $15.00 plus shipping.

The book, as I say, is a love story. I have been writing it, from various angles and with various approaches, for more than a decade- arguably, since high school, which is distressingly more than two decades ago. It was written, first word to last, during November as part of National Novel Writing Month, and has been edited and copyread for all of December. Hopefully, all errors have been expunged- however, I am confident, given the nature of my mind and of Murphy's Law, a few probably still slipped through.

I don't expect anyone to buy it- that is, I won't be disappointed if anyone reading this can't afford it, or doesn't feel like it, or whatever. We can't buy everything, despite my efforts to do so. It may not be your cup of tea. It may not be any good- I don't know. I'm reminded of Dave Barry's dictum that after a while, you are so sick of your own book that it's like a repulsive insect that everyone keeps insisting that you pet. (Fair warning- there are adult scenes in the book, though hardly explicit ones. I can't imagine anyone reading my blog is easily offended, however.)

But it's done- it's out there in the world, and out of my head. If you do buy it, bless you and thank you. I hope you like it. Feel free to give me feedback, here or via email. If you don't, I'm sure you will be in the vast majority. I assure you I am not getting rich on this project- if everyone who's ever looked at my blog buys a copy, I may be able to afford an IPad. But I'm not exactly heading down to my BMW dealership, if you catch my drift.

3 comments:

  1. Michael, that's fanastic! Well done! I'll be sure to find a hard copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too kind, my friend. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any input from a talent like yours would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.