Saturday, February 19, 2011

100 Words: Obsessed by Twitter

This week, for Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge, I'm going a little different route. The word is "Obsession", and I searched Twitter for the word "Obsessed", and what follows is 100 Words of what people in the Twitterverse say they are obsessed with. This is going to skew young, and a little bit silly, of course, but I have curated and arranged it in a hopefully appealing way. All names are removed, of course. So what follows is a little capsule of this moment in time, inspired by Harper's magazine- 100 Words: Twitter is Obsessed With:









you
Justin Bieber
Phineas and Ferb
this dress
Jennifer Aniston
Taylor Swift
comparing football to baseball
the color red
the front seat of the car and the back seat of the bus
Ecco the Dolphin
ringtones for IPhone
avocados
babies
Jack's Mannequin t shirts
golden delicious apples
Twitter
Dancing On Ice
Randall nature videos
The Lion King
working out
fashion
money
extensions
boys
calling yourself the fat friend
their looks
quality of images
outlaw country
eBay
trucks
retweeting
eating crushed ice
guitar
straws
Sugarland
their phones
sneakers
Scott Pilgrim
the way he looks
the smell of new books
me


7 comments:

  1. Holy cow Michael, I just realized why I never see your posts. I wasn't following you but I am now. Anyhow, I have a music project I am working on and I can't wait to find the right song for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I love the idea behind it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is such a cool idea. Some were quite unexpected. (Do people really get obsessed with vehicle seats? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the smell of new books" or "the front seat of the car, the back seat of the bus". I can relate to the first, the second gives a momentary pause.

    All the rest are an interesting but not surprising and somewhat sad commentary on what is important to us. What occupies thought space when there's so much that should probably be done.

    But I think it has always been this way. Before Justin Bieber, there was that handsome young man coming home with a fresh kill to the tribe.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.