Sunday, January 15, 2012

Terrible Minds Challenge: "Cornered"

Chuck Wendig, creator of flash fiction challenges and human life, has issued a three sentence flash fiction challenge to go with Bear71, a Sundance New Frontier documentary about, well, a bear. My story is called "Cornered".






I felt more than I saw my two companions on either side of me as we closed in on it, trapping it against the white rotting hulk of a fallen tree. It was trembling, its eyes focusing on each of us in turn as it registered the fact that we had all the angles covered and there was no escape. Hunger gnawed at the base of my skull as I imagined the way it would taste when we finally closed the gap and ended the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.