Monday, March 24, 2008

Dan Carlin Rules, Too!

Another brilliant "Common Sense With Dan Carlin" (#121) this week, about the Obama/Wright kerfluffle and the DC gun ban case currently before the Supreme Court.

First of all, it is the height of hypocrisy to not grill McCain's spiritual advisors as hard as you do Obama's. There is plenty of wackjobbery on the right as well.

I really don't see what's so bad about what Rev. Wright said. Now, on the AIDS thing he was wrong, obviously-AIDS was not created by the CIA. (If it had, they would have screwed it up.)

But there was a time in our history when AIDS' origin wasn't clearly known. And is it impossible to believe, at that time, that the white power structure would try to exterminate black people? Really?

The gun ban is interesting, and Dan really made me question my own beliefs. To paraphrase Kurt Vonnegut, a heavily armed man given no aims or goals by any official does not constitute a well regulated militia.

But as has been pointed out elsewhere, if I want the persons, places, and effects clause to extend a shadow to protect my privacy online, I have to read the second amendment as an individual right. It makes my brain hurt, but Dan makes me think.

2 comments:

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.