Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Legion of Doom

Red Sox take a 6-4 lead into the bottom of the tenth.

Here comes Pap.

He does have the 3-4-5 hitters to face, though, and Jack Cust is a little bit of a bad man as well.

It strikes me that I'm upset because my ESPN2 feed is not working, so I can't watch the game live and I have to settle for a live radio feed. I have to remind myself that this game is being played in Tokyo, for heaven's sake, and ten years ago, I wouldn't have had nearly as many options to follow the game.

3-2 on Daric Barton, none on, none out, bottom tenth.

Pap walks Barton. Maybe he's a little too pumped up.

Jack Cust now, a sabermetric darling for years.

Pap is dealing, 0-2 on fastballs. If Jack gets ahold of one, it is going to come down in Korea.

It is peripherally disturbing that they seem to be having trouble beating Oakland, who in fact is not a very good team. Plus theyve used a bunch of relievers.

Swinging strike three! One Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.