Monday, December 21, 2009

Tangled Up In Blue





I first heard this song driving home from a girl's house, at an absurdly early hour. It was someone I had talked myself into being with, mostly because I didn't want to be alone. I think I knew this, all the way through the relationship, and I never said anything. After we broke up, I remember slamming the door on my car so hard I shattered the window. Did you know you could do that? I didn't until that day.

I treated her poorly, and I have always regretted it. She deserved better.

For some reason, this song always reminds me of her, even though we never heard it together.

3 comments:

  1. Great song, Michael. Funny what the mind does with its connections.

    I found out when one of my sons slammed the car door that it could shatter. It was almost worth the look of absolute horror on his face.
    He got to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it had been a Yugo, that door might have flown through the car and taken out the door on the opposite side.

    Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you mean. i dated one like that. i ended up being so angry with him bc he wasn't who i wanted him to be.
    it wasn't fair for me to project that on him. the worst thing was, i basically trained him on how to be the type of guy that a girl would want, because i'd get on him about the shit i hated.
    this guy was [basically] a virgin when we started dating (he was 21 & had had sex with 1 person, 1 time! eek)... needless to say, when our 5 month relationship ended, he was prepped & ready to be an awesome "lover" & a better boyfriend... we broke up in 2007 & he's been with a chick since a few months later.
    i wonder when i'll get the thank you note from her...
    i should have printed up a certificate of authenticity. "ready made boyfriend, you're welcome."

    don't get yourself down about it though. the average person will be on both ends of that situation at least once... she'll turn around & do it to someone else. it's just life.

    merry christmas.
    xox
    -spanky

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.