Monday, July 07, 2008

Most Delusional Statement Ever

Douglas Feith, on 60 Minutes, on the Iraq War, “our goal was to prevent the next attack.” So, naturally, you invaded a country who didn’t attack us and had no terrorists there.

“I think the president made the right decision, given what he knew then, and given what we’ve learned since.” That is the clubhouse leader for Most Delusional Statement in Human History, right up there with “Sure, General Custer, I don’t think the Indians will attack today,” and “An air attack? On Pearl Harbor? They wouldn’t dare.”

No, wait, here’s a better one: Condeleeza Rice- “I am proud of the Iraq War.” Really? Wow. That’s a stunner.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/07/07/iraq.security/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Security is improving, they say.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/07/07/iraq.main/index.html

Bombings kill 11.

I guess, going from utterly horrible to just horrible is improvement, of sorts. What a disaster.

In Boston, the Red Sox scratched out an 8th inning run on an RBI single from the Bad Man. Dice K threw seven shutout innings, and Okey Doke vultured a win, which will, if nothing else, help my fantasy team.

Anyone have any nominations for "Most Delusional Statement in the History of Statements"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.