Friday, January 16, 2009

They're dropping like flies...

Actors Ricardo Montalban (Fantasy Island) and Patrick McGoohan, along with painter Andrew Wyeth, have passed away recently.

All three were significant, I think, probably Wyeth the most important, if such things can be measured.

When you look back on lives like that, you can't help but compare your own. It isn't fair, but there you go. I have lived approximately 40% of their lives, and it is fairly certain the New York Times will not carry my obituary.

Then again, it is not entirely certain, assuming I live out the year, that there will be a New York Times to have a obituary in.

The world is changing, my friends. I'm not sure I'm happy about this. I'm also pretty sure the Universe doesn't care what I think.

1 comment:

  1. You hit the proverbial nail right on the head. The world is changing, some good, a lot bad. It's like when the rollercoaster gets to the top and starts tipping over the edge and you suck in your breath waiting for that intense drop. We're all holding our breath anticipating the next "thing".

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.