Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school...

Read Joe Garagiola's "Just Play Ball" this morning. There's a bit of old man crankiness in it, which you have to expect from a guy who played in the 1946 World Series, but it was okay otherwise. I haven't given up on the Jackie Robinson book, I just had a chance to hit the library before I got too far into it, so I'm going to work on those books first.

Firefox led me to last.fm this morning, which is proving to be pretty cool. Programmable Internet radio FTW!

More West Wing this morning, and, as it usually does on Bravo, the dramatic tension ended in favor of The Unattractive People Being Unpleasant Show, otherwise known as the Real Housewives of Orange County. How that is a television program amazes me.

There is a documentary on PBS about comedy on tonight that I want to catch. The filmmaker was on Bob Edwards' show, which I finally heard last night, and it sounds very interesting.

5 comments:

  1. When I think back to the things I learned in HighSchool I get angry that I didn't realize the lessons as they were being learned.

    Deep. Wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are, after all, more than just a pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then again, all they were really teaching us was that life is confusing. People tell you things that you don't care about and things don't make any sense. All that matters is who's popular.

    And it's peas for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul Simon solo, actually..."Kodachrome".

    The title of my blog is from "You Can Call Me Al".

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.