Thanks to Katie (www.dontcallmekathleen.blogspot.com), who is apparently as hard up for blog posts as I am, Ten Things I Love That Begin With The Letter D:
10. Depth-whether personally, or in chart form (the depth chart is the list of the players on a team, arranged by position). I like deep things.
9. Detonation-I know it's childish, but watching something blow up is still cool.
8. Diplomacy-whether personal or international, it's always better than fighting.
7. Dontrelle-Specifically Dontrelle Willis of the Detroit Tigers. I have always rooted for him, and I hope he has a nice comeback this year.
6. Diamonds-the baseball kind
5. Diapers-I know this sounds wierd, but changing diapers is kind of fun. And the era ends too soon. "No it doesn't", I can hear the parents of multiple children shouting.
"Write your own dang list!", I reply.
4. The Doors-My favorite D related musical act. I probably read "No One Here Gets Out Alive" a dozen times in high school.
3. Dad-the smartest person I've ever known.
2. David Ortiz-(again, too much baseball? Write your own dang list, then!)for 2004 and 2007 and all the hope from all the games, even the times he couldn't come through-nobody ever tried harder.
1. And at the number one spot...
I don't talk a lot about my personal life. I don't know why, exactly, except it never really seems relevant. I am only just barely interested in the goings on inside my own head, and thus it stretches credulity to believe anyone else may be. Which is why I tend to talk about sports, and politics, and sports, and uh...sports. And things. And stuff. But mostly sports.
But without a doubt, without fear of contradiction, the number one thing in my life that involves the letter D, the cream in my coffee, the pepperoni on my pizza, the person without whom I could not be and would not bother chewing through the straps each morning (h/t Emo Phillips) and getting on with it, is my wife, the patient, utterly adorable and cunningly smart Debbie.