You would think, had I nothing to say, I would stay quiet.
You would be wrong.
Thanks to Nik (achickcallednik.blogspot.com) for the tip- Ten Things.
Just things. Not special things, or smart things, or funny things. Just things.
1. Can we stop with the anti-"25 Things About Me" columns in newspapers? So people are writing lists about themselves, so what?
2. I was in line behind a woman at Barnes and Noble. When the clerk signalled for her to come to the register, she made a point of saying that she was annoyed because "I don't like to wait."
I didn't say anything. I was thinking, "Oh Really? Because, gee, all these people BEHIND you in line? We LOVE waiting."
NO ONE likes to wait. But we live on Earth with other people, and sometimes we just have to. Tough beans.
3. I don't think it matters how long you live somewhere-you only have one home. Mine is Massachusetts, and a tiny part of me will always miss it.
4. Sometimes I think I was born at the wrong time-I never saw Jackie Robinson, or Jim Brown, or Bobby Orr (well, I DID, I just don't remember), or Bob Cousy. But then I think about the Internet. Maybe I was born at the right time after all.
5. I don't know what happened to my attention span. I don't dislike movies, I just never seem to see any. Name any semi important movie of the last ten years, and I probably haven't seen it.
6. I also seem to have poor taste. Really smart people will tell me that a movie or TV show is garbage-brain candy-and I will know they are right. Yet I will see it and still enjoy it.
7. I'm kind of afraid certain people will find me on Facebook. Not that afraid, but a little bit afraid.
8. On the other hand, there are some people I want to find who aren't there, at least not as far as I can tell. Are those people afraid I'm going to find them? Isn't it ironic?
9. If you go to secrettweet.com and start reading, you will probably conclude that you are nowhere near as crazy as you think you are.
10. Rachel Maddow is so adorable I could just scream.