Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chuck Klosterman on, well, me.

Chuck Klosterman's new book is out, and I spent most of my birthday money on it today. (The rest of it is for Bill Simmons' "The Book of Basketball", which is supposed to come out Tuesday.)

He has a lot to say, as he always does, and this is the first section that has grabbed my attention:

"I fear that most contemporary people are answering questions not because they're flattered by the attention, they're answering questions because they feel as though they deserve to be asked. About everything. Their opinions are special, so they are entitled to a public forum. Their voice is supposed to be heard, lest their life become empty.

This, in one paragraph (minus technology), explains the rise of New Media."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.