Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It's A Struggle

I just noticed that the word count went down in my last post. If this continues, I will be writing negative words pretty soon-not only will I have no words in my entry, I will be taking words away from other authors.

Reminds me of the old Steve Martin joke-when kids are told to say something in their own words, they really are just using the same words the rest of us do.

Day Three of NaBloPoMo, and it's a struggle already.

The World Series did not end last night, despite Charlie Manuel's best efforts. The Phillies took an 8-2 lead, but Manuel left starter Cliff Lee  in the game too long, nearly blowing it before they hung on for the win. The Phillies head to New York for Game Six Wednesday night, trailing in the series 3 games to 2. In a strange way, the Phils almost have an advantage here. They have nothing to lose, obviously-in the old baseball phrase, you have all winter to rest, so everybody's available. The Yankees have unreliable long relief, although their short relief is stellar, so if the Yankee starter in Game Six struggles on short rest, suddenly the nearly dead Phils are in a Game Seven for all the marbles.

Then, of course, we have the psychodrama of Pedro J. Martinez heading to the hill in Yankee Stadium again. The wolves will be out, baying for blood, and, if the Yankees are honest, they have to admit that they are hearing footsteps. This Yankee team was built for a World Series crown, and if they finish with anything less than that, they have to see their season as a failure. Needless to say, I would be ecstatic with such an outcome-the $200 million dreadnought foundering on the shoals.

NaNoWriMo Word Count: 5321

1 comment:

  1. Gee thanks, Anonymous, but I have had my fill of computer viruses.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.