Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Number of the Post shall be a human number...it shall be post 1666

So, it's November.

That means it's National Novel Writing Month! (www.nanowrimo.org) Once again, I will be participating in this mad project. Every year since 2005 I have tried and failed to "finish" NaNoWriMo, which involves completing a manuscript of 50000 words or more, which you will then call a novel. That doesn't mean it will get published (although in 2009 anyone who can scrape a couple of dollars together can get something "published") or anything other than the fact that you start November with nothing, and you end November with something. Kind of like a baby, only faster.

So I'm going to try it again. I have the germ of a story idea, and a opening, so we'll see how it goes.

Wish me luck.

And for heaven's sake, if you've always wanted to write a novel, do it. It doesn't cost you anything-just go to the site and sign up.

NaNoWriMo Word Count: Zero.

5 comments:

  1. I have another friend who is doing this... and I am sooo tempted to give it a go. I'm full of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do it. I haven't won yet, and probably won't this year, either. But give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, so awesome that you're doing this. I can't do it. Well, I can, can't is for canters.

    You're welcome for the piece of insight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So strange. I just had lunch with a dear friend and very talented writer today. She reminded me of when I was attempting to write fiction.

    Any good writer knows over-wrought omens when she sees them...I would have edited this out in revision...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, Jeanne. I've been meaning to complain about the editing of my life for years now.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.