Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday (Hacky Title, I Know. It's Too Early To Be Original)

From here again:

Manic Monday #217

Right now, what's on your mind?

My hair.

Sorry, that's an old Animaniacs joke.

My work week, basically-the painful thing I have to go to on Wednesday for no good reason.

List 10 things you expect from a good friend.

Presence. (The Led Zeppelin album or the physical state. Either one.)

The other nine are negotiable.

Seriously, though-I don't think you really should expect things from friends, within certain broad parameters. The only thing I have any right to expect is respect, I think. You don't have to endorse everything I love or everything I do-as Tom Cruise said in "A Few Good Men", I can jump off a cliff if I want, but I don't ask you to hold my hand on the way down. Just respect the things that I care about and know that they are important to me-by doing that you respect me.

What's something you've done that you wish you hadn't?

Not being serious enough when answering the previous two questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.