Janera's journey into the world of wierdness takes us inside the occasionally functional mind of Tea Partier and US Senate candidate from Delaware Christine O'Donnell. Find the questions here if you dare.
1. On why she's anti masturbation: "If he already knows what pleases him and he can please himself, then why am I in the picture?"Have you ever heard a stupider statement? If yes, when?
That one is hard to beat. "Major combat operations in Iraq are over" might top it, though. Or "Nobody could have predicted that the levees would fail".
2. “Physics put people in spiritual harm the way pimps put people in physical harm.”
Do you believe that prostitution should be legalized?
Pretty much, yes. It's an awful thing for someone to have to do, but if you honestly want to do it, you should be able to. That said, if it's illegal, it's illegal for both parties- convicting the woman and letting the man go free is reprehensible.
3. “We took the Bible out of public schools. Now we're having weekly shootings. We had the 60s sexual revolution and now people are dying from aids.”What benefits do you think the 60s' sexual revolution has given us?
I think the Sixties more broadly gave us the idea that you didn't have to be someone you didn't want to be- not every woman has to be, or wants to be, a housewife. Sexually speaking, I think the notion that women can have sex for pleasure is a good thing, but both sexes need to take sex more seriously.
4. “The Bible says that lust in your heart in committing adultery.”Do you think having a sexual fantasy when you're married or part of a couple is wrong?
If having fantasies is wrong, I don't want to be right. It's normal and natural. The Bible also says that menstruating women are unclean.
5. On co-ed dorms: “What's next? Orgy rooms? Menage-trois rooms? Coedness is like a radical agenda forced on college students.”Have you ever been asked to participate in other than a one on one sexual experience?
Whenever I read something like this, I think that I must have just run with a dull crowd.
6. “Creationism, in essence, is believing that the world began as the Bible in Genesis says, that God created the earth in six days, six 24 hour periods. And there is just as much, if not more, evidence supporting that.”What is your favorite dinosaur? Why?
This is a good contender for Question #1, as the most foolish statement I have ever read.
I have always been fond of Triceratops and Brontosaurus.
7. “I dabbled in witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up."What's the strangest thing that you “dabbled” in?
Dungeons and Dragons, I guess. Tabletop baseball, too-except I've been "dabbling" in that for more than 20 years.
8. "I am not a clone of Sarah Palin. I have my own thoughts."How different is Sarah Palin's political agenda from your own?
I'm not entirely sure what Ms. Palin believes in, truth be told-she keeps saying one thing and doing something else. But, knowing nothing about an issue, if Ms. Palin favors A, I am pretty certainly going to be leaning towards B.
9. "American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains."What animal would you like your brain cross breed with?
A Siberian Husky. They have always fascinated me.
10. "[H]omosexuals [are] getting away with nudity! They're getting away with lasciviousness! They're getting away with perversion!"Have nude homosexuals ever interfered with your day?
No, of course not. What a homosexual does or doesn't do is of absolutely no business of mine.