Tuesday, October 09, 2012

SPE: October 17,2003

[For the Scriptic prompt exchange this week, Barb Black gave me this prompt: "The first cold, crisp day of autumn always reminds me of," and I gave Jester Queen this prompt: " 'Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.' -Semisonic, "Closing Time" "]

{ In the very first moments of October 17,2003, New York Yankee Aaron Boone hit an 11th inning home run off of Boston Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield to win the seventh and deciding game of the American League Championship Series, 6-5. This ended Boston's 85th consectutive season without a World Series championship, and the Yankees moved on to the World Series.}

[This is poetry, I guess. It's incredibly hard, and I give full credit to any and all poets in the audience, especially my home girl Marian. It's called "October 17, 2003" ]



October 17, 2003



ITunes is new.
Iraq War too.
I'm 32.

If it's high,
let it fly.

If it's low,
let it go.

Swing and a drive
Kept Yanks alive

Wakefield walks slow
Heralds the snow

1 comment:

  1. It's got a beat and I can dance to it.

    I like it. Poetry is all about evoking emotion, and you did that. I'm grinning.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.