Monday, August 11, 2008

Game 119: Missing Persons Bureau

The missing Josh Beckett has been found, as Boston powers its way past Chicago, 5-1. The mighty Becks went 8 full, with 7 hits and no walks, to cruise to an easy win. Ortiz did not play, but apparently was just getting a night off.

In other good news, knuckleballer Charlie Zink will apparently be given a shot at replacing Tim Wakefield in the rotation. This should be interesting. Like Rob Neyer, I have a soft spot for knucklers, so I'm glad Zink is getting the call.

Tampa is off, and New York got shut out by the Twins, leaving matters as follows: Tampa leads the division by 4, and Boston leads New York by 5.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, the wonder kid Longoria for Tampa just went on the DL....that could be good news for teams behind the Rays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of sports going on at your place...I'll try to keep up ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by P&P!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tera.

    E-Oh, indeed. I hope the kid has a long, successful career, but in the short term, I'm not crying for the Rays tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.