Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh, Moan and Misery...(Game 118)

Another bad day at the Cell, as Chicago pulls out a 6-5 win over the Red Sox. Cowboy Clay gets beaten from pillar to post, and Matt Thornton, Octavio Dotel, and Bobby Jenks spin 3 2/3 shutout innings to hold the lead and seal a win. With Tampa winning and New York tied with Anaheim, nothing good can come of this.

I am steadily beginning to think this isn't going to be our year. I hate to admit it, but I can't see us beating the Angels or White Sox in a playoff series, even assuming we make it that far.

This makes me think back on l'affaire Ramirez. Could they have avoided the conflict and the trade? Would a Mannyfull team be playing better? As the narrator used to say on the Charms blow pop commercial, the world may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.