Sunday, August 10, 2008

In other news.....it's all over now, baby blue.....

Tim Wakefield is going to the disabled list with a shoulder problem. Wakefield, Boston's lone reliable starter at times, one of those times being, uh, now, puts another gaping hole in a team that needs win like John McCain needs a clue.

Speaking of the Bush Crime Family (h/t Mike Malloy) , Ron Suskind, whose book I picked up today to prevent my ever being in a good mood ever again, has posted transcripts of his interviews with one of the sources that allege the letter was forged on White House orders.

http://www.ronsuskind.com/thewayoftheworld/transcripts/

I finally watched Kevin Smith's "Clerks II" last night. I don't know what took me so long, but I finally did. I had to drive 90 minutes to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Red Bank to get it, but I got it, and it was worth it. Very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBkA3R2Habo

This was one of the previews on the DVD-"Fanboys". It looks cute.

3 comments:

  1. What I was trying to say, was-I think the season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wakefield is the unheralded guy all the time. How does a knuckleballer end up with arm trouble though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that too-except I read somewhere (Rob Neyer, perhaps?) that it is really a misnomer.

    True, the knuckler doesnt take much effort to throw. But imagine throwing balled up socks into a laundry hamper. From 60 feet away. 80-100 times.

    You might get a bit fatigued.

    Like anything else, if you have back or knee trouble, you might change your arm angle or something like that-poof, arm trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.