Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Uh......Gary?

' "I can be in the outfield and play every day. I don't want to DH," Sheffield told the Boston Globe. "I don't feel like a baseball player when I DH. I don't know how to be the leader that I am from the bench. I can't be a vocal leader. I can't talk to guys from the bench because I don't feel right about it.'

(Courtesy ESPN.com: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3532016&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

Gary, you're hitting .219. You're only technically a baseball player right now. I guarantee you, if you were hitting .319, you would be playing every day.

It's one of those circular arguments-is he struggling because he's not playing, or not playing because he's struggling?

Tonight's Red Sox game should be interesting, considering the slopfest of last night's ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.