Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Now back to reality

Buzzed on my whiff of Little Boy Smell(TM), back to reality.

If it is true that we offered Manny Delcarmen and got turned down in favor of Kyle Farnsworth, then I think drug testing needs to be instituted immediately in the Detroit front office. I don't see how Kyle Farnsworth helps you more than Manny Delcarmen. Delcarmen has better stuff and is younger and cheaper. Big, big steal for the Yankees. Ivan is not the Ivan of 10 years ago, (who among us is), but he is sure better than the starting catcher in either Boston or New York, even at his age.

The rumor that is making the rounds is a 3 team megillah with Florida, Pittsburgh and Boston, mostly involving Manny Ramirez and prospects leaving, and Jason Bay or Jeremy Hermida and prospects coming. Will Carroll, as of 9:03, is confirming Manny to Miami, Hermida to Pittsburgh, and Bay to Boston, with various prospects changing hands, plus John Grabow, a middle reliever from (I think) Pittsburgh going to Boston. The prospects, apparently, are not yet final, so nothing is set in stone yet.

On the field, Josh has another attack of gopheritis, as Boston drops yet another game to the Angels, 9-2. I've said this before, and I hope I'm wrong, but the wheels seem like they are coming off the cart now. This team, I fear, is not quite good enough to repeat as World Series Champions. Too many holes, and not enough answers. We have gaping wounds at catcher and center field, and a seeping wound at shortstop.

Sigh.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I don't get another day off until Tuesday.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.