Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Game Twenty Six: The Aftermath

Our Favorite Canadian, Jason Bay, homered to extend the suddenly perilous lead to 6-3, and even a late homer, his second of the game, from Big Tex, that cut the lead to 6-4, couldn't spoil the singin' in the rain. Boston pulls out the win, the first of the wierdo two game series. Tonight, we have Joba facing off against the Bizarro World Josh Beckett.

That's not really true-I read somewhere that Beckett has had phenomenally poor luck-his batting average on balls in play is hovering near .400 or so, so he's due for a correction.

We'll see.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent!

    Hey, do you know if there is a good spot on the internet to view games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ananda Girl:

    If you mean watching the actual broadcast on the net, then the only place I'm aware of is on MLB.com. You do have to pay to watch the games.

    ESPN.com has a Gamecast that allows you to follow along with the game. I believe MLB.com has something like this as well, but it is not a tv broadcast, just a way to follow along. pitch-by-pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulie B has summed it up nicely. I pay the $15/month to get the basic MLB TV package online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I am so sick of missing everything because of my crappy cable out here in the center of nowhere at all. Something must be done.

    Until then... pitch by pitch will scratch the itch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason Bay grew up less than an hour away from me.
    But I'm Canadian, so that's all I know about baseball. I'm watching the NHL playoff as we speak instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck, Jason Bay is all you NEED to know these days...

    Bay recently revealed to a TV reporter that he is a Bruin rooter. May have just been smart PR, though.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.