Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Stars To Fill My Dream..."

In Boston tonight, Scott Kasmir (ha! Get it?) throttled the Red Sox on two hits through six innings, while his mates piled on for seven big runs. As I write this, Boston trails 7-0 with one out in the bottom of the seventh. As such, the Boston Red Sox' 2008 baseball season is all but at an end. Assuming the Earth does not open up and swallow Tampa's bullpen, the Rays will advance to the World Series to face the Philadelphia Phillies, beginning next Wednesday.

I'm disappointed, but not deeply so. This team went as far as they could with the personnel they had, and they provided countless thrills along the way. As the saying goes, good on yer, mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.