Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Parade Of Horribleosity continues....

http://bit.ly/buVCj

Abortion doctor George Tiller was shot to death during a church service Sunday morning

Tiller was shot once already-during the 1990s-and survived. This story is just awful on so many levels.

Something has always troubled me about the logic of shooting a clinic doctor. If you honestly believe that life begins at conception and abortion is murder, aren't you a hero for shooting an abortion doctor? If you prevent a murder, you're a hero, right?
The whole thing just makes me sick.

http://bit.ly/AyT3a

General Motors is going to go bankrupt.

Probably inevitable, but this is going to have some horrific aftereffects.

http://bit.ly/no3yw

Another 500000 jobs were lost in May.

They say the rate of descent is slowing, which is good news, I guess.






Anybody who decides to have a child in this day and age-good luck to you.

5 comments:

  1. I'd never heard the term "Horribelosity" before, but yes, it fits, sir.

    How can you choose murder as a cure for murder?

    Abortion is between woman and her God. It's part of free will... yes, I am against it in personal belief, but it is not my right to decide for another woman... and people may not like me for my belief, but I will defend that woman's right to terminate, though I cannot do that myself. One day she will stand before Himself and answer to that action. I'm not part of it. Neither is any other human... it's God's thing to judge. Ananda rant is over now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you-in being against abortion-but that only applies to me and my uterus-ie, to no one at all.

    I do not see how anyone else gets to intervene.

    But the thing is, I see the logic on the other side, too. It pains me to say so, but I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand the other side too, but IMO this is another area where religious beliefs need to meet a little more science. I understand the discrepencies about when life begins however there is a point where life is sustainable. Life is not sustainable until a certain point. And the established life (the mother's) needs to be held in a higher regard than an unborn baby.

    And yes, for me it is an unborn baby.

    Those people need to understand that no matter how a woman arrived at the decision to abort her baby that it was a terrible decision to have to grapple with and come to terms with.

    Like Ananda girl, it wouldn't be an option for me. However, I've held the hand of a dear woman as she underwent the procedure. She was heartbroken but it was the best option for her at the time. We both cried through the whole thing. I can't imagine having to go through that with a bunch of holier than thou boneheads out there making it worse.

    This is supposed to be a free country where I am free in my body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. The whole issue just makes me ill, from beginning to end.

    One thing that particularly frosts me is the idea that anyone- man or woman-could ever treat this as anything but an immensely sad event. The notion that anyone is casual about abortion is offensive to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.slate.com/id/2219537/


    A thought provoking piece by William Saletan, saying more or less what I was trying to say.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.