Your friend and mine, Janera ,has a new little game to play on Fridays, questions based on rock lyrics. The debut version is Sting and The Police. And away we go...
1. DESERT ROSE: This desert flower, no sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this…
What is your favorite scent?
Marinara sauce being cooked.
2. EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE: Every move you make, every vow you break, every smile you fake, every claim you stake, I'll be watching you.
Ever stalked or researched an old flame?
3. IF I EVER LOSE MY FAITH IN YOU: I never saw no miracle of science
that didn't go from a blessing to a curse…
What product did you buy that didn’t do what it claimed?
Recently, I've had good luck as far as that goes.
4. IF YOU NEED SOMEBODY SET THEM FREE: If you need somebody, call my name.
If you want someone, you can do the same…
Do you have a nickname or have you been called something other than your given name?
In high school, I was known as "Spud", after the basketball player. (Anthony "Spud" Webb of the Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings.) Currently, the only alternate name I have is probably Uncle Mike, a name I positively adore.
5. WE WORK THE BLACK SEAM: One day in a nuclear age they may understand our rage. They build machines that they can't control and bury the waste in a great big hole…
What do you do that is considered “Green”?
Not enough. I reuse plastic bottles, but I am generally too lazy.
6. MOON OVER BOURBON STREET: It was many years ago that I became what I am, I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb…
What was the worst job you ever had?
Other than the present one? Probably packing bundles for a newspaper company.
7. I BURN FOR YOU… In peace we sleep entwined and your love flows through me. Though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you…
What is the worst thing about sleeping with someone else in a bed?
Snoring. We both do it, but if you're the awake one, it sucks.
8. FORTRESS AROUND YOUR HEART: And if I built this fortress around your heart,Encircled you in trenches and barbed wire, then let me build a bridge, for I cannot fill the chasm…
What object or piece of furniture have you built?
Gosh. The last thing I built....does a puzzle count?
9. ENGLISHMAN IN NEW YORK: I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear, I like my toast done on one side, and you can hear it in my accent when I talk, I'm an Englishman in New York…
Do you require special preparation for a food or drink in a restaurant?
No. I am too embarassed to ask anyone to make a fuss for me.
10. FIELDS OF GOLD: I never made promises lightly, and there have been some that I've broken. But I swear in the days still left we'll walk in the fields of gold…
What was the last promise you made?
That I would come to bed soon.
11. CONSIDER ME GONE: To search for perfection is all very well, but to look for Heaven is to live here in Hell. After today, consider me gone…
What was the worst way you ever broke up in a relationship?
I sent a woman a letter once. That was pretty low.
12. THE RUSSIANS: How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy, there is no monopoly in common sense on either side of the political fence…
What is your biggest fear or danger?
That my child will be unhappy.
13. BRAND NEW DAY: How many lonely, sleepless nights, how many lies, how many fights, and why would you want to put yourself through all that again?
Do you prefer being married or single?
To quote the late Richard Jeni, food in marriage can't be that bad, because it can't possibly be as bad as the stuff single people eat. By far, being married is better. Life is too hard to face alone.