Thursday, April 10, 2008

Game The Tenth-Part The First

Detroit (1-7) at Boston (4-5)

Robertson against Wakefield

Boston feed tonight, with Dave O'Brien instead of Dale Arnold. At least it's not Glenn Geffner.

Be nice to get a win before the Empire comes to town.

I went all over in search of Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture" in book form, but it was sold out everywhere I went. Which is good in the sense of that he's selling books, and his message is getting out there. But it's bad in the sense that I get cranky when a book is available and I can't get it. In the era of on demand publishing, that shouldn't ever happen. At all.

BTW, if you have never seen The Last Lecture, you really, really need to.

http://www.cmu.edu/randyslecture/

Take an hour of your life, sit still and watch it. You will not be the same again.


Scoreless first inning for Wakefield.

Mike Lowell is out with a sprained thumb. That's not good by any means, but we get to see Jed Lowrie, and, at this point in the season, it's a survivable loss.

I'm now rereading The Traveler, which I read shortly after it came out. It's a dystopian novel, but it moves along delightfully. I recently discovered and bought the sequel, but it had been so long I had to read the first book again.

Scoreless first inning for Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.