Sunday, April 06, 2008

Lonesome No More!

I finally plunged into the last Vonnegut book, which I picked up yesterday but had so far resisted, and, of course, it is bitter and lovely and funny and sad, all at the same time.

Charlton Heston is dead. I don't think I've ever seen his movies. (My classic movie history knowledge is woefully lacking.) I really only know him as a pro gun fanatic. There was a cruel bumper sticker circulating in the 1990s that said "Charlton Heston is my president". Funny how the same sort of folks who get the vapors when you imply George W. Bush is not real big on the book learnin' didn't have any problem with saying the most cruel and hateful things about the previous president.



BTW, I was wrong about the standings. Here's how they look this morning, courtesy the immortal Lee Sinins.

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST
TEAM W L PCT GB
Orioles 3 1 .750 -
Rays 3 1 .750 -
Blue Jays 3 2 .600 0.5
Red Sox 3 3 .500 1
Yankees 2 3 .400 1.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.