Thanks to the Imagination Prompt Generator:
10 Things I Am Pessimistic About:
1. My profession. While we make airy claims about improving service, I can smell the inevitable replacement by machines.
2. The economy. I read history because it reminds me that others have lived through troubled times, but at times, it seems like our current situation is a loop of impossible situation on top of impossible situation. Like the villain so tough he kills Superman.
3. The media. Without a thriving media, who knows what the brigands will get away with?
4. My IPod. It is long out of warranty, and I am terribly dependent on it.
5. My state of health. I know I should eat better, and exercise more. I know.
6. My son's future. As screwed up as everything is, I can't imagine it getting anything but worse.
7. The chance my wife will wake up and thinking "what the f(*k is wrong with me? I'm out of here."
8. My job. I am in no way confident they know what they are doing.
9. My life. I thought I would be smarter by now.
10. The thought that I will ever enjoy getting out of bed seems increasingly remote.