Thursday, September 11, 2008

Game 145: Too Wierd To Miss

After giving up on this game repeatedly, it sucked me back in. Finally, having run out of pitchers born after the Nixon Administration, Boston let Mike Timlin pitch, and, reliably, he gave up a 3 run homer to Northeastern's Carlos Pena to untie the game at 4-1. Boston made it interesting, though, allowing Troy Percival to load the bases with nobody out in the bottom half. Some kid named Hummel came on, and he managed to retire Our Man Youk on a Fielder's Choice, strike out the Bay State, and retire Cora on a fly to seal a 4-2 win, a series win for Tampa, and a 2 1/2 game division lead.

Both teams are idle tomorrow. I mean, today.

Argh.

2 comments:

  1. You're so baseball! I don't watch it...but I love that someone adores this great American pastime as much as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been described as So Taguchi.

    (Translation-there is a Japanese baseball player who plays for St. Louis who is named So Taguchi.)

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for making you sign in, but I'm trying to cut down on spam.